Accountant / Bookkeeper
We are a fast growing Medical Device Company with an IMMEDIATE part-time job opening for an Accountant / Bookkeeper with a strong accounting background.
Responsible for developing, maintaining and administering Company's accounting system to assure that all financial reporting by the organization meets external and internal specifications and achieve superior timeliness and accuracy levels. Professional demeanor, detail and results oriented, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Compiling timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statements and forecasts.
- Maintain DCAA and NIH approved company financial system in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Document and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Payroll, 401k, bookkeeping, processing checks (A/R; A/P).
- Represent Company during DCAA and OBM Circular 133 audits.
- Prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Create & maintain annual operating budget.
- Provide timely financial reports to project managers for both internal and government reporting requirements.
- Act as liaison with external parties on matters relating to financial reporting and grant/contract administration.
- Oversee clerical personnel on purchasing, time cards and preparation of expense reports.
- Perform any other related and administrative duties as assigned.
- Should have a four-year accounting degree.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is strongly desired.
- Additional experience in employee benefits and HR is desired.
- Five to ten years of broad financial experience.
- High level of computer literacy (QuickBooks, MS Office).
Please email your cover letter and resume (with salary requirements) to our HR Department.