NeuroSENSE® NS-701 Monitor
The NeuroSENSE Monitor represents the latest generation of brain monitors for patient-customized anesthesia and sedation, powered by leading-edge signal acquisition and processing. It is the first bilateral brain monitor designed with independent indexes for each brain hemisphere, which measure anesthetic effects on the brain and respond instantaneously to changes in patient state.
For the first time, physicians in the OR and ICU can, simultaneously and without delay, monitor bilateral anesthesia/sedation measures of brain activity. Unlike single brain-activity measures derived from one or both hemispheres, independent bilateral indexes allow clinicians to easily spot any hemispheric discrepancies due to, e.g., underlying pathologies or unrecognized artifacts. This greater reliability and added insight into the patient's brain assists anesthesia providers to make optimal decisions for improved and safer patient care.
- Delay-free tracking of patient state via low-noise WAVCNS1 bilateral indices
- WAVCNS (Wavelet Anesthetic Value for Central Nervous System) indices provide instantaneous tracking of the patient state
- Automatic trending facilitates immediate response without increasing the index noise
- True bilateral monitoring with great inter-hemispheric reproducibility2
- Increased reliability due to redundancy (pronounced asymmetry between indices due to underlying pathologies or artifacts can be easily observed)
- Superior prediction of loss of consciousness3
- Linear response to increasing EEG suppression4
- Compliant with the guidelines of International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) and American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS)
- High-resolution clinical EEG tracings suitable for interpretation by EEG experts
- Easy-to-use review capability for both EEG tracings and processed data trends
- Accessible during both live case monitoring and archived case review
- Intuitive touch-screen interface for case browsing
- Comprehensive case archive
- Includes raw EEG signals, processed EEG parameters, automated annotations, markers and signal quality indicators
- All data transferrable to USB drive in EDF+ format
- Robust hardware with superior signal quality
- Advanced automated artifact detection and removal
- Electro-surgical interference detection and filtering
- Cardiac defibrillation proof
- Continuous measurement of electrode-skin contacts
- Published and biologically understandable WAVCNS algorithm1
- WAVCNS is based on the gamma-band of the normalized EEG signal, linked to conscious processing and awareness
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2006; 53(4): 617-632.
- Proceedings of the 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Society Anesthesiologists, 2010; A1363.
- Anesthesiology, 2006; 105:A1030.
- Proceedings of the 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Society Anesthesiologists, 2010; A1348.
U.S. Patents 7373198, 7603168, 7672717 and other patents pending
Authorised European Representative: Briot & Associates | 7000 Mons | Belgium | +32 (0) 65 57 07 06